Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Peruvian Day in Irland

Have you ever prepared any typical dish from your country in another one where you've been in other that people from there could taste it? Well, I have. 
I am from Peru and now I am in Dublin doing a short English course of 3 weeks. I am living with a nice irish family, Zahra who is 8 years old and her mother.
One day, we were taking dinner while we were talking about the costums and the culture in Peru and Irland so I suggested them to try a typical dish from my country and they were so excited about that. 
The first thing I did, I chose a Peruvian Dish Lomo Saltado it's done of meat, onios, tomato, rice and potatos. The second step, I called somebody from Peru to teach me how to prepare this dish, the most indicated person to call was my mom, she told me exactly what to do in other to do something delicious.
That day I was nerviuos because it was the first time I was cooking alone with anybody that could correct me if I did something wrong. Fortunable, they liked the dish, they said It was delicious!!

1 comment: